Cute enough to eat!!

Used three of 6 of the new double-stitched ribbon. From Left to Right: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and River Rock.



I colored the edges of celery grograin ribbon with a bashful blue marker. I got the idea from someone else, but I can't remember who. They had colored the middle of their ribbon red and the edges a different color. If this is you, give yourself the credit you are due!!!






I made these 3x3 swaps for Kelli's meeting tonight. I used the scallop punch and cut it in half for the cupcake top, and crimped a 1" strip of paper and cut in the shape of a bottom of a cupcake. I got the Idea of the scallop punch from Convention. They used the Big Bold Birthday Set (pg. 63 of catalog) but I don't have that set (yet!). So I improvised. I think they turned out so yummy. I actucally added bows to my swaps, but I like just the ribbon wraped around the cardstock, too!




Here's one that the cupcake frosting is Soft Sky in stead of white! I actucally think this could be my favorite...don't tell the others!




Aren't these so fun? I'm loving the 3x3 notecard!!!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I'm now the proud owner of one of these amazing little beauties! Love the marked ribbon edge! The idea of using the scallop punch for the cupcake is great! TFS.
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Love what you are doing... oh the talent the oozes from some :)! Keep up the good work and tell Stev-o hi from us!!
Miss you guys!

Smilie girl said...

Hi Ruthie
The cards and the blog is gorgeous. I really enjoyed listening to your tunes while admiring your work. Thanks
Sandra

Kim Jenkins said...

I saw these cards on SCS so I had to come and check out your blog. They are very cute. You have some great cards.